When cosmetic dentistry or a smile makeover comes to mind, you may assume that minor aesthetic flaws aren’t a big enough deal to correct, or maybe you wonder if these treatments are right for you. The answer is that cosmetic dentistry is right for patients that wish to change any aspect, big or small, about their teeth or smile. However, some treatments may be more suitable for you than others. Here’s how to tell if you’re an ideal candidate for cosmetic dentistry.
Some people are lucky and have a gorgeous set of teeth without much effort. But most attractive smiles are created by aesthetic dentists, and you could achieve similar results.
Cosmetic dentistry may be right for you if you want to:
- Improve your smile overall
- Brighten your teeth
- Close gaps between your teeth
- Fix teeth that are crooked, uneven, or misshapen
- Want to undergo orthodontics
But we also recommend that you have good oral health because it’s essential to build your new smile on a healthy foundation. Therefore, if we discover that you have gum disease, we may recommend additional treatments before starting your smile makeover.
What can be done to fix my smile?
Treatments are dependent upon your smile needs. Before presenting options, we begin by conducting a thorough oral examination and discussing with you the aspects of your smile that you wish to change. Then present our findings to you regarding which treatments are best for you.
It’s important to consider these three components for your smile makeover:
- Budget – We understand that finances are often at the forefront of patients’ minds when considering cosmetic dentistry, which is why we offer various payment options, including third-party financing through CareCredit. Your treatment plan will include costs for each treatment, and we can work with you to spread out your treatments over time if you prefer.
- Timeline – Do you have an important or memorable occasion approaching? Let us know if you have a specific timeline of when you’d like to complete your treatment. The timeline may impact which options you choose as some treatments can be completed in-office during an extended appointment, and others may span over the course of a few weeks or more.
- Final expectations – We encourage patients to think about what they expect at the end of their treatment. Are you looking for a quick fix that looks natural or has long-lasting results from the highest quality material available? Please consider this factor when weighing your options for a smile makeover.
What does a smile makeover include?
Your smile is unique to you, and no two are alike.
Therefore, the treatments we recommend will be specific to your smile needs but may include a combination of the following:
- Teeth whitening
- Cosmetic bonding
- Dental implants
In many cases, patients opt for more than one treatment to achieve their smile goals. But we can help you decide which treatments are right for you.
Cosmetic Dentists in Kingston, Tennessee
LakeView Dental Arts is here to help you achieve the smile of your dreams and one that makes you feel confident. If you’d like to learn more about cosmetic dentistry, see if you are a candidate, or find out which treatments are right for you, contact our office by calling (865) 376-9687 and schedule a consultation today.