If you want to improve the appearance of your smile through cosmetic dentistry, have you considered a dental bonding treatment? Cosmetic dentists often recommend dental bonding because of its versatility. Patients love this quick treatment for its fast results and affordability. Your Kingston cosmetic dentists at LakeView Dental Arts use bonding to transform a variety of minor aesthetic flaws in patients’ teeth. And the best part is that results can be achieved as soon as one visits our Kingston dental office.
Why do patients choose dental bonding to fix their smile?
Patients often choose dental bonding, also referred to as cosmetic bonding, for fast and convenient results. It’s ideal for fixing a chipped front tooth or concealing aesthetic flaws in one or more teeth. The material is tooth-colored so that it blends with your natural tooth enamel. The best part is that most dental bonding treatments can be completed in one trip to the dentist and do not require repeat visits or the need for a dental lab to make your restoration.
What does a dental bonding treatment entail?
We start by removing a minimal amount of tooth enamel. This step aims to roughen the tooth’s surface, so the material adheres appropriately. A composite resin is then applied to your tooth. The material is moldable as the dentist shapes it before using a special light to cure it. The final step involves sanding the material to perfect its shape and contours for a natural look before giving it a final polish.
Benefits of Dental Bonding
We complete a bonding treatment in a single appointment, often in an hour or less.
By contrast, many cosmetic procedures require two or more visits to our Kingston cosmetic dental office:
- Versatile – Bonding addresses a variety of aesthetic issues at the same time. This procedure corrects broken, chipped, cracked, or misshapen teeth. It can brighten areas of persistent discoloration or conceal a dental gap between teeth. Bonding also can serve as a filling to repair small to intermediate areas of decay.
- Affordable – Dental bonding is more cost-effective than other cosmetic dental treatments like veneers, which use high-quality ceramic material.
- Minimally invasive – We remove very little tooth structure when bonding your teeth, making it a minimally invasive option.
- Natural results – We select a composite resin to match the shade of your other natural, healthy teeth.
- Longevity – Bonding treatments can last ten years or longer. Take steps to prolong the effectiveness of your bonding by maintaining a thorough regimen of oral hygiene: brush twice daily, floss once a day, and see your local Kingston family dentist at LakeView Dental Arts once every six months for a check-up that includes a dental cleaning.
Dental Bonding in Kingston, Tennessee
If you have aspects of your smile that make you feel self-conscious, consider receiving a dental bonding treatment from the team of professionals at LakeView Dental Arts. To find out more about bonding or any other procedures offered in our cosmetic dentistry program, schedule a consultation today by calling (865) 376-9687 or visiting us online.